Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Office: Mervis 244
- PhD in Business Administration (Accounting) - University of Washington, 2016
- Master of Science in Business Administration (Accounting) - University of Washington, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting; Minor in Mathematics) - Ithaca College
Nicole joined the Katz School of Business in 2016 after receiving her PhD from the University of Washington. Prior to pursuing her PhD, Nicole worked as a hedge fund accountant at International Fund Services in New York after beginning her professional career on the Municipal Bond Sales and Trading desk at Merrill Lynch. Nicole received a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from Ithaca College in 2008.
Nicole’s research focuses on individual judgment and decision-making in financial reporting. Nicole’s interest in this area grew out of her work experience in the financial services industry, first as a user of and then as a preparer of financial reports.
Nicole’s teaching interests include varying levels of financial accounting.
Cade, N. L., L. Koonce, and K. Mendoza. Forthcoming. “Assets and Liabilities: When do they Exist?” Contemporary Accounting Research.
Cade, N. L. 2018. “Corporate Social Media: How Two-Way Disclosure Channels Influence Investors.” Accounting, Organizations and Society (in-press).
Bernard, D., N. L. Cade, and F. Hodge. 2018. “Investor Behavior and the Benefits of Direct Stock Ownership." Journal of Accounting Research 56(2): 431-466.
“Using video to disclose forward-looking information: The effect of non-verbal cues on investors’ judgments” (with Lisa Koonce and Kim Mendoza)
Available for download at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2942245
“A Discussion of ‘Trust or Reciprocity? The Effect of Controls on Other-Regarding Behavior’” (with Sarah McVay)
Discussion presented by Sarah McVay at the 2015 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference
Submitted to Contemporary Accounting Research in December 2015
- AAA ABO Midyear Meeting Outstanding Emerging Scholar Award, 2015
- University of Washington Foster School PhD Program Teaching Award, 2015
- Deloitte Foundation Doctoral Fellowship, 2014-15
- University of Washington Foster School Dean’s Achievement Award, 2014
- University of Washington Best Teacher’s Assistant (awarded by the Panhellenic Association and the Interfraternal Council), 2013
- Ithaca College School of Business Dean’s Achievement Award, 2008
- NY State Society of CPAs Superior Scholarship Award, 2008
- 2nd Team CoSIDA Division III Academic All-American (softball), 2008
- Empire 8 Conference Senior Scholar-Athlete Award (all sports), 2008
- Ithaca College Phi Kappa Phi Presidential Scholar, 2008
- 1st Team NFCA NCAA Division III All-American (softball), 2007
CBA Introduction to Financial Accounting
Nicole, her husband Joe, and her son Ashton enjoy exploring Pittsburgh’s different neighborhoods, attending sporting events, and trying new restaurants.