Associate Professor of Business Administration
Marketing and Business Economics
Office: 320 Mervis Hall
- PhD in Industrial Administration (Marketing), Carnegie Mellon University, 2004
- MS in Industrial Administration (Marketing), Carnegie Mellon University, 2002
- MBA, Koç University, 1999
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, M.E.T.U., 1997
Tansev Geylani joined the Katz faculty in 2004. His research interests include pricing, distribution channels, retailing, product line strategies, information sharing, marketing & antitrust, media competition, and user-generated content. He was named Marketing Science Institute Young Scholar in 2009. Other awards he received include Management Science'sDistinguished Service (2009, 2011, & 2013) and Meritorious Service awards (2012), the Katz Excellence in Research Award (2009), and the Katz Excellence in Teaching Award (2008). He currently serves on the Editorial Board of Marketing Science.
- Balachander, S., Gal-Or, E., Geylani, T., Kim, A. “Provision of Optional versus Standard Product Features in Competition,” December 2016, forthcoming Journal of Marketing.
- Dukes, A., Geylani, T., Liu, Y. (2014) “Dominant Retailers’ Incentives for Product Quality in Asymmetric Distribution Channels,” Marketing Letters, 25(1), 93-107.
- “Yildirim, T.P., Gal-Or, E., Geylani, T. (2013) "User-Generated Content and Bias in News Media," Management Science, 59(12), 2655-2666.
- Gal-Or, E., Geylani, T., Yildirim, T. P. (2012) "The Impact of Advertising on Media Bias," Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (February) 92-99.
- Dukes, A., Gal-Or, E., Geylani T. (2011) "Who Benefits from Bilateral Information Exchange in a Retail Channel," Economics Letters, 112 (August), 210-212.
- Luchs, R., Geylani, T., Dukes, A., Srinivasan, K. (2010) "The End of the Robinson-Patman Act? Evidence from Legal Case Data," Management Science, 56(12), 2123-2133.
- Dukes, A., Geylani, T., Srinivasan, K. (2009) "Strategic Assortment Reduction by a Dominant Retailer," Marketing Science, 28(2), 309-319.
- Geylani, T., Inman, J. J., Ter Hofstede, F. (2008) "Image Reinforcement or Impairment: The Effects of Co-branding on Attribute Uncertainty," Marketing Science, 27(4), 730-744.
- Gal-Or, E., Geylani, T., Dukes, A. (2008) "Information Sharing in a Channel with Partially Informed Retailers," Marketing Science, 27(4), 642-658.
- Geylani, T., Dukes, A., Srinivasan, K. (2007) "Strategic Manufacturer Response to a Dominant Retailer," Marketing Science, 26(2), 164-178.
- “Should Retailers Keep Their Stores Well-Organized? Strategic Store Design in a Vertical Channel” with J. Gu
- “Crowdfunding as a Vehicle for Raising Capital and for Price Discrimination” with M. Bender and E. Gal-Or
- "Daily Deal Websites in Markets with Asymmetric Information" with M. Bender and E. Gal-Or.
- "The Impact of One -Stop Shopping on Competitive Store Brand Strategy" with K. Jerath and J. Zhang