Associate Professor of Business Administration and The Barry Epstein Faculty Fellow
Office: 216 Mervis Hall
- PhD in Business Administration (Accounting)
- University of Kansas 2007 MS in Management Information
- Accounting Information Systems
- Managerial Accounting I, II
- Economic consequences of auditing
- Internal controls
- Corporate governance
- “Does Section 404 Management Internal Control Reporting Effective? with Fan. Y., and K. Raghunandan. 2017. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. 36(3):71-89.
- "Does Ineffective Internal Control over Financial Reporting affect a Firm's Operations? Evidence from Firms' Inventory Management", with M. Feng, S. McVay, and H. Skaife. 2015. The Accounting Review. 90(2): 529-557.
- Are Auditors Professionally Skeptical? - Evidence from Auditors' Going-Concern Opinions and Management Earnings Forecasts," with M. Feng. 2014. Journal of Accounting Research. 52(5): 1061-1085.
- “Fee Pressure and Audit Quality”, with M. Ettredge, and E. Fuerherm. 2014. Accounting, Organizations and Society. 39(4): 247-263.
- “Client Supply Chain Relationships and Audit Quality and Pricing”, with K. Johnstone, and S. Luo. 2014 Auditing: A Journal of Practice &Theory. 33(4): 119-166.
- “Costs and Benefits of Requiring an Engagement Partner Signature: Recent Experience in the United Kingdom”, with J. Carcello. 2013. The Accounting Review, Vol 88 (5): 1511-1546.
- “The Effect of Enterprise Systems Implementations on the Firm Information Environment”, with A. Dorantes; G. Peters, and V. Richardson, 2013. Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol 30 (4): 1427-1461.
- "The Consequences of Information Technology Control Weaknesses on Management Information Systems: The Case of Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Control Reports", with G. Peters; V. Richardson and M. Waston. 2012. MIS Quarterly, Vol 36 (1): 179-203.
- "Changes in Corporate Governance Associated with the Revelation of Internal Control Material Weaknesses and their Subsequent Remediation", with K. Johnstone and K. Rupley. 2011. Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol 28 (1): 331-383.
- "Financial Executive Quality, Financial Executive Turnover, and Adverse SOX 404 Opinions", with M. Ettredge and L. Sun. 2010. Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol 50 (1): 93-110.
- "Internal Control and Management Guidance", with M. Feng and S. McVay. 2009. Journal of Accounting and Economics. Vol 48 (2-3): 190-209.
- "Does Client Importance Affect Auditor Independence at the Office Level? Empirical Evidence from Going Concern Opinions" 2009. Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol 26 (1): 201-230.
- "The Impact of SOX Section 404 Internal Control Quality Assessment on Audit Delay in the SOX Era”, with M. Ettredge and L. Sun. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. Vol. 25 (2): 1-23.