Ryan A. Teeter
Office: 236 Mervis Hall
- Ph.D. - Accounting Information Systems, Rutgers University
- B.S. - Accounting, Utah Valley University
Ryan Teeter has always been an advocate of innovative technology. He co-authored his first internationally published technology textbook at age 19 and developed training curriculum for Google in Mountain View, California. In the classroom, he is a champion and enabler of instructional technology and online learning environments. Currently, Ryan specializes in remote auditing, business process and controls monitoring, assurance automation and auditing education. He has developed databases and reporting systems for the American Red Cross and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and helped implement continuous monitoring solutions at Siemens and Procter & Gamble. His research examines the technological and behavioral challenges of systems implementation and auditor technology adoption.
Rutgers University - Undergrad
- Business Research Methods - Fall 2010/Spring 2011
- Management Information Systems - Fall 2010
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting - Spring 2009/2010
- Accounting Information Systems - Fall 2009
- Teeter, R.A., M.G. Alles, and M.A. Vasarhelyi. 2010. The Remote Audit. Journal of Emerging Technology in Accounting7(1), 73.
- Vasarhelyi, M.A., R.A. Teeter, and J.P. Krahel. 2010. Auditing Education and the Real-Time Economy. Issues in Accounting Education, 25(3), 405.
- Teeter, R.A. and Whelan-Berry, K.S. 2008. My firm versus our firm: the challenge of change in small, growing professional service firms. Journal of Business Inquiry, 7(1): 41-52.
- Teeter, R.A. and K.B. Barksdale. 2009. Google Sites and Chrome For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Teeter, R.A., and K.B. Barksdale, 2008. Google Apps For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Recent Working Papers:
- Teeter, R.A. and M.A. Vasarhelyi. Audit Theory and Assurance Automation
- Vasarhelyi, M.A., R.A. Teeter, B. Titera, and J.D. Warren. The Lego Audit: Data Standardization and Audit Apps
- Teeter, R.A. and J.D. Warren. Enabling the distance audit at a large consumer goods firm.
- Teeter, R.A. and D. Moon. Bulletproof monitoring: providing assurance through data integrity and hybrid access control.
- Teeter, R.A. and G. Brennan. Aiding the audit: using the IT audit as a springboard for continuous controls monitoring.
- Best Paper Award, SET Section, AAA Annual Meeting, August 2010.
- Best Paper Award, SET Section, AAA Annual Meeting, August 2008.
- Fellow, AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium, June 2010
- Volunteer with the American Red Cross
- Internal Audit Consultant with Siemens, Procter & Gamble, and Johnson & Johnson
- Consultant, AICPA Assurance Services Executive Committee
- Online homework and curriculum developer, John Wiley & Sons
In his spare time, Ryan loves to travel with his wife, Erin, and enjoy the great outdoors. He has traveled to all 50 United States and more than a dozen countries. He is an avid cyclist, rock climber, water skier, and scuba diver. He loves gadgets and technologies that help him be a better book reader, communicator, mentor, author and teacher.