Chad J. Zutter
Associate Professor of Business Administration and Dean's Excellence Faculty Fellow
Office: 352 Mervis Hall
- PhD, Finance, Indiana University (Bloomington)
- BBA, Finance, University of Texas (Arlington)
Professor Zutter's research interests are in corporate finance and include initial and seasoned public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and governance structure. Professor Zutter's research has been published in top academic journals and has been cited by leading media outlets, including the Economist, CFO Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, and the New York Times. He has received numerous awards for research and teaching, including the Journal of Financial EconomicsJensen Prize for best paper, Journal of Corporate Finance Best Paper Award, Katz Excellence in Research Award, Katz Excellence in Teaching Award, Students' Choice Award, the NASDAQ Research Fellowship, the Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, and the Ronald E. McNair Research Fellowship. Professor Zutter has taught courses in financial management, investments, and market microstructure.
- BUSFIN 1321 Investment Management (CBA)
- BUSFIN 1030 Introduction to Finance (CBA)
- BFIN 2006 Financial Management (MBA)
- Principles of Managerial Finance, 13th edition, (Prentice Hall Publishing, 2012), with Lawrence J. Gitman.
- Principles of Managerial Finance Brief, 6th edition, (Prentice Hall Publishing, 2012), with Lawrence J. Gitman.
- "Earnings Quality and International IPO Underpricing" with Thomas Boulton and Scott Smart, 2011, The Accounting Review, 86, 483-505. Featured by The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, December 27, 2010.
- "Acquisition Activity and IPO Underpricing" with Thomas Boulton and Scott Smart, 2010, Financial Management, 39, 1521-1546.
- "Sarbanes-Oxley and Corporate Risk-Taking" with Leonce Bargeron and Kenneth Lehn, 2010, Journal of Accounting and Economics, 49, 34-52.
- "IPO Underpricing and International Corporate Governance" with Thomas Boulton and Scott Smart, 2010, Journal of International Business Studies, 41, 206-222.
- "Ownership Structure and Target Returns" with Scott Bauguess, Sara Moeller, and Frederik Schlingemann, 2009, Journal of Corporate Finance, 15, 48-65. Best paper award, Journal of Corporate Finance special issue on Corporate Control, Mergers, and Acquisitions.
- "Why Do Private Acquirers Pay So Little Compared to Public Acquirers?" with Leonce Bargeron, Frederik Schlingemann, and René Stulz, 2008, Journal of Financial Economics, 89, 375-390. Jensen Prize for the Best Paper Published in the Journal of Financial Economics in the areas of Corporate Finance and Organizations. Reprinted in Corporate Takeovers, Modern Empirical Developments, vol. 1, B. Espen Eckbo, ed., Elsevier Academic Press.