The Pitt Business Center for Supply Chain Management's Breakfast Speaker Series is an opportunity for professionals in the supply chain management field to learn from industry experts on contemporary issues in supply chain management. The format permits time to network over breakfast, followed by a panel discussion or talk on a supply chain management issue, and ending with a Q&A session.
Friday, April 7 - Omni-Opportunities in Retail Supply Chain Management
Benefits of Attending the Breakfast
The Center for Supply Chain Management's Breakfast Speaker Series will enable participants to:
- Learn more about best practices and potential pitfalls in contemporary issues in supply chain management. This knowledge can be immediately applied to their own jobs
- Take advantage of effective management strategies for creating profitable growth through cutting-edge supply chain management technologies
- Evaluate the pros and cons of global and local opportunities vs. new networking relationships vs. customer responsiveness
- Create new business relationships with colleagues in the supply chain management field in the Tri-state area in a casual setting
Past Event Details
- February 24, 2017 - Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Opportunities.
- April 8, 2016 - A CEO's Perspective on Supply Chain Management. Read recap.
- February 26, 2016 - Sustainability in the Supply Chain in the Digital Age. Read recap.
- December 4, 2015 - 3-D Printing and Its Impact on the Supply Chain. Read recap.
- September 18, 2015 - Reverse Logistics: Implementation and Impact at Dell, Inc. Read recap.
- May 8, 2015 - Predictive Analytics in the Supply Chain. Read recap.
- February 13, 2015 - Technology Trends in Transportation. Read recap.
About the Center for Supply Chain Management
The Pitt Business Center for Supply Chain Management promotes the pursuit of excellence in supply chain management by conducting research projects, educational programs, and outreach activities in close collaboration with corporate partners, professional organizations, and other schools within the University of Pittsburgh.
At a broad level, the Center creates and disseminates its knowledge of best practices in supply chain management in many ways, such as:
- Collaborating with industry professionals to identify and resolve critical supply chain management issues and promote cutting-edge faculty research
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate students to develop a talent pool of future supply chain management leaders
- Developing outreach programs