Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business // Student Life
You will receive notification to your Pitt Email regarding the Orientation Canvas. You are expected to accept the invitation immediately and begin reviewing the information as it becomes available. Canvas should be checked regularly.
Your Pitt email is the primary source of communication between the Graduate Programs team and you. You should begin checking it regularly after you are granted access.
- Pitt News, Pitt’s independent student newspaper
- PittWire, Pitt’s official news service
- Read Green, Pitt’s environmental-friendly University e-mail information system
- The Katz Glance
Katz IT Services
Katz IT Services provides IT support services for students. We are located in 109 Mervis Hall. View our IT page.
Software for Students
Some courses require certain software. Visit Pitt’s list of available software for students.
Student ID Cards
Panther Central is the place to go for your Pitt ID. There are many benefits you can enjoy with your Panther Card.
Panther Funds are a safe, convenient alternative to carrying cash. Instructions about loading and using Panther Funds.
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety
- University of Pittsburgh Police Department
Textbook and Academic Research
Campus-Wide Student Resources
The University Counseling Center (UCC) works to ensure that students remain healthy and thriving during college years and beyond.
Disability Resources and Services (DRS) ensures and determines reasonable accommodations and services throughout the Pitt campus.
The Pitt Pantry is available to all members of the Pitt community. Shoppers may take food for themselves and any family members (children, spouses, or partners) with whom they share food.
Pitt’s Testing Center promotes academic integrity through the supervision of examinations in a private testing facility.
The Writing Center provides a place for all University of Pittsburgh students to improve their writing.
Student Organizations and Volunteering
While you are a student at Pitt, you have the opportunity to join a wide array of student organizations as well as volunteer in the community. Here are a few helpful links:
Student Wellness Resources
- Graduate-level students will now be required to have their immunizations against COVID-19, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Find detailed information from Student Health Services here.
- You can access immunization forms here.
- You may bring the completed forms with you when you arrive on campus, or send them in earlier
- If you have any questions, contact Student Health Services at 412-383-1800. Thank you!
- University of Pittsburgh
- Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business
- Full-Time MBA Student Group
- Professional MBA Student Group
Athletics and Fitness
Pitt has an impressive athletics tradition, as well as a wide variety of opportunities for intramural sports and a number of athletics and fitness facilities for students.
I chose Katz because of the world-class faculty and students: the professors here are well-versed in their fields, passionate about teaching, and want to see their students succeed academically and professionally; the students are dedicated to excellence and form an excellent professional network.
I chose Katz for the course offerings. I knew I could build on my strengths through the strong core curriculum with specific classes that would help me learn invaluable tactics and strategies for my career. The international community at Katz is eye-opening. Learning from individuals who come from all over the world is a valuable experience in and of itself.