Center for Supply Chain Management // Symposium
The Signature Supply Chain Event
2022 Supply Chain Management Symposium
Our signature event is open to industry, peer institutions, faculty, students, and staff, the annual Supply Chain Management Symposium is an international event in which leading SCM professionals provide cutting-edge insights on significant issues in the field. The symposium features a meet and greet, poster competition, and light dinner the prior evening. The event itself on Friday includes special guest speakers and moderators.
You are invited to the 2022 PITT OHIO Supply Chain Management Symposium “Building Resilient Supply Chains” scheduled for March 25th with additional activities on March 24th. We are grateful to PITT OHIO for being a naming sponsor for the 6th Annual Symposium organized by the Center for Supply Chain Management.
Building Resilient Supply Chains
Resilience permits a supply chain to not only continue operations when faced with unexpected shocks but also recover quickly if operations do get adversely affected. Building resilient supply chains have been a principal strategic objective of CSCOs worldwide for decades. Yet, more needs to be done. While previous events such as tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and longshoremen’s strikes have disrupted supply chains in the past, never has the importance of resilience been spotlighted more vividly than it was in the past two years due to reasons led by Covid-19 and exacerbated by other independent events. Resilience can be enhanced, for example, by real-time sensing technologies and AI/Ml analytics, shortening supply chains through reshoring, reengineering supply chains through distribution center location and inventory decision, and proactive management of global challenges. In our 2022 Symposium, global supply chain leaders at leading companies will discuss how they are using these and other approaches to transform supply chains for improved resilience.
Our esteemed speakers are:
- Ivanka Janssen | Chief Supply Chain Officer, EVP | Philips
- Arkajit Rakshit | Director, Supply Chain | Amazon
- Ashwin Rao | Chief Scientific Officer | Wayfair; Adj. Professor | Stanford University
- Hans Thalbauer | Managing Director, Globally Supply Chain & Logistics Industry | Google Cloud
- Lynn Torrel | Chief Procurement & Supply Chain Officer | Flex
- Paul Page | Editor, Logistics Report| Wall Street Journal
- Lisa Scales | President and CEO | Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Sandra Turko | Sr. Manager, Enterprise PMO | Argo AI
Paul will be the moderator for the event. Lisa and Sandra will introduce the speakers.
Another highlight of the Symposium will be Lisa’s update, in conversation with Paul, of the supply chain and societal challenges and triumphs at the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2022
Happy Hour and Networking/Poster Competition/Light Dinner
University of Pittsburgh
Alumni Hall, Connolly Ballroom
4227 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15260
5:00pm – 6:00pm
Meet and Greet Reception/Happy Hour/Networking
5:30pm – 6:00pm
Student Poster Competition
6:00pm – 6:30pm
Judges Deliberate (Attendees visit the poster presenters)
6:30pm – 6:45pm
Poster Competition winners announced
6:45pm – 7:30pm
FRIDAY, MARCH 25, 2022
Doors Open and Networking
7:55am – 8:05am
8:05am – 12:30pm
12:30pm – 1:30pm
Wrap up/Open networking
* Subject to slight change
We hope you can join us!
In conjunction with the 2022 PITT OHIO Supply Chain Management Symposium, the Center for Supply Chain Management will be organizing a poster competition on Thursday from 6 pm to 7:30 pm, March 24, 2022. The competition will be preceded by networking with other participants and corporate attendees from 5 pm to 6 pm.
We are planning for an in-person poster competition. However, students should be prepared to pivot to a virtual competition pending future Covid 19 protocols.
The competition will have two rounds:
- Round 1 will be judged by a panel of faculty members from the participating universities. The judges will review your poster and abstract and select up to five graduate and up to five undergraduate finalists for the final round. Winners from Round 1 will be announced on Monday, March 21, 2022, by email.
- Round 2 will be judged by a panel of senior industry supply chain executives. As part of the judging in Round 2, finalists will make a two-minute presentation to the judges. This will be followed by three minutes of Q&A with the judging panel. Winners from Round 2 will be announced at the Thursday, March 24th. There will be separate judging panels in Round 2 for the graduate and undergraduate divisions.
Winners will be recognized at the awards ceremony during the Thursday, March 24th Poster Competition/Networking Happy Hour and Dinner Event. They will also be recognized on Friday, March 25, when invited supply chain leaders will make their presentations.
Winners will get a certificate and a cash prize.
The decisions of the judging panels will be final.
Graduate Division Undergraduate Division
1st place $750 $600
2nd place $400 $300
3rd place $250 $200
Note: Winning prize total will be split equally between the number of members on the team.
Important Details for Poster Competition Downloads: