Center for Supply Chain Management // Symposium
The Signature Supply Chain Event
2023 Supply Chain Management Symposium
Our signature event is open to industry, peer institutions, faculty, students, and staff, the annual Supply Chain Management Symposium is an international event in which leading SCM professionals provide cutting-edge insights on significant issues in the field. The symposium features a poster competition/networking happy hour and a light dinner the prior evening. The event itself on Friday includes special guest speakers and moderators.
You are invited to the 2023 PITT OHIO Supply Chain Management Symposium scheduled VIRTUALLY for Friday, March 24th with additional IN PERSON activities on Thursday, March 23 evening. We are grateful to PITT OHIO for being a naming sponsor for the 7th Annual Symposium organized by the Center for Supply Chain Management.
Transforming Supply Chains
The Symposium will explore transformations that are occurring in supply chains due to recent changes in geopolitics, the sharpened focus on resiliency and risk, as well as federal incentives for reshoring. It will also delve into how the changing competitive landscape and market demands are reshaping supply chains. Through discussion and dialog, our 2023 Symposium will give attendees a comprehensive understanding of ongoing supply chain transformations and their effect on different industries and businesses.
Our esteemed speakers are:
- Jamie Bragg | Chief Supply Chain Officer, EVP | Tailored Brands
- Surabhi Khuteta | Global Head of Transportation & Delivery | Wayfair
- Heidi Landry | CPO, Enterprise Supply Chain | Johnson & Johnson
- Rogerio Negrao | Program Purchasing Director, Battery Electric Programs | General Motors
- Patrick Van den Bossche | Partner | Kearney
- Garrett van Ryzin | VP, Distinguished Scientist, Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) | Amazon
- Paul Page | Editor, Logistics Report | Wall Street Journal
- Meredith Williams | Sr. Director / Global Automation Practice Lead | DHL
- Lisa Scales | President and Chief Executive Officer | Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Paul will be the moderator for the event.
FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2023
ZOOM Open and Networking
7:55am – 8:05am
8:05am – 12:30pm
12:30pm – 1:30pm
Wrap up/Open networking
* Subject to slight change
IN-PERSON NETWORKING AND POSTER COMPETITION
THURSDAY, MARCH 23, 2023
University of Pittsburgh
Katz Graduate School of Business
3950 Roberto & Vera Clemente Drive
118 Mervis Hall Atrium
Pittsburgh PA 15260
Networking and Poster Competition Agenda*
5:00pm – 5:30pm
Check-in, Networking, Happy Hour, and Light Dinner
5:30pm – 6:15pm
Networking continues during poster competition
6:15pm – 6:45pm
Judges Deliberate (Attendees visit the poster presenters)
6:45pm – 7:00pm
Poster Competition winners announced
7:00pm – 8:00pm
* Subject to slight change
About the Poster Competition
In conjunction with the 2023 PITT OHIO Supply Chain Management Symposium, the Center for Supply Chain Management will be organizing a poster competition on Thursday, March 23, 2023, from 5:00pm – 8:00pm. The competition will include networking, happy hour, and a light dinner with all attendees.
The competition will have two rounds:
- Round one will be judged by a panel of faculty members from the participating universities. The judges will review your poster and abstract and select up to five graduate and up to five undergraduate finalists for the final round. Winners from Round 1 will be announced on Monday, March 20, 2023, by email.
- Round two will be judged by a panel of senior industry supply chain executives. As part of the judging in Round 2, finalists will make a two-minute presentation to the judges. This will be followed by three minutes of Q&A with the judging panel. Winners from Round 2 will be recognized on Friday, March 24, 2023.
Winners will receive a cash prize.
The decisions of the judging panels will be final.
Graduate Division Undergraduate Division
1st place $750 $600
2nd place $400 $300
3rd place $250 $200
Note: Winning prize total will be split equally between the number of members on the team.
Important Details for Poster Competition are here.
Please email email@example.com with additional questions.
Brad Parrish Addresses the Future of Supply Chain”
“Disrupt, transform, repeat: Symposium speakers talk on the cloud and supply chains”
I think it’s important to remain engaged with the business school for many reasons. Pitt Business has helped me become who I am today and I believe in giving back to those that have assisted you on your journey.
It gave me a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. I couldn’t wait to get out and apply my business knowledge to start and grow a business. It created a level of excitement I carry with me today.