Congratulations to the Fall 2022 graduates of the Executive MBA in Healthcare program in the University of Pittsburgh’s Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business.
The students, all with 10+ years of experience in a wide range of roles across the healthcare industry, were celebrated by faculty, staff, family, and friends on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at the University Center. Pitt speakers included: Gene Anderson, Henry E. Haller Jr. Dean; Associate Dean and Associate Professor of Finance Sara Moeller; Executive Director Kim Abel; and Academic Director Carrie Leana.
The graduation speaker was Dr. Bruce A. Perler, Julius H. Jacobson II, Professor of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, and Chief Emeritus, the Division of Vascular Surgery & Endovascular Therapy.
The Executive MBA in Healthcare program was created specifically for professionals in the field who want to learn the business side of healthcare. The curriculum incorporates a healthcare context into traditional MBA coursework, physicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, insurance executives and social workers approach patient care differently, leading to insightful conversations.
As part of the commencement, the Outstanding Professor Award, selected by the students, was presented to both Moeller and Dave Lebel, associate professor of Business Administration and Ben L. Fryrear Faculty Fellow.
The Outstanding Student Award was given to Jennifer Berliner, director of Physician Well-Being for UPMC.
Hail to the Graduates
The Fall 2022 graduating class includes (listed alphabetically with job titles):
- Greg Barretto, Regional Medical Director and Director of Outreach, UPMC Division of Newborn Medicine, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Jennifer Berliner, Director, Physician Well-Being, UPMC
- Michael DeLuca, Executive Vice President, Operations, Prodigo Solutions, Inc.
- Armando Javier Ganoza Salas, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Surgical Director of Kidney Transplant, University of Pittsburgh/UPMC
- Lisa Golden, Emergency Medicine Physician, UPMC Altoona
- Natalie Hecht Baldauff, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, UPMC Children’s of Pittsburgh
- Arvind Hoskoppal, Director of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, UPMC; Associate Professor
- Joshua Hovanec, Senior Manager of Provider Network, UPMC Health Plan
- Diane Hritz, Chief Executive Officer, Advanced Surgical Hospital
- Venmathi Indramohan, Non-Invasive Cardiologist, UPMC Cardiology
- Mona Kang, Physician Advisor, UPMC
- Jason Kuchta, Advanced Practice Provider Supervisor (MSPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA, AT), UPMC Tri-Rivers
- Paul Lajos, Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Buffalo
- Paul Lewis, Clinical Assistant Professor, Interventional Radiologist, UPMC
- Gysella Muniz Pujalt, Assistant Professor, UPMC/UPP
- Alanna Peterson, Chief of Emergency Services, UPMC-Presbyterian/Shadyside-Shadyside Campus, UPMC
- Sathya Ramakrishnan, Hospitalist Director, UPMC Passavant/Cranberry, UPMC
- Michael Singh, Chief of Surgical Services, UPMC Shadyside, Associate Professor of Surgery, UPMC
- Dang Tran, Business Analyst III, UPMC
- Pradeep Tyagi, Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh
- Mohamed Yassin, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh