Student Life // Business Technology Club
Exploring The Intersection of Business and Technology
The Business Technology Club (BTC) strives to foster a community of students from all backgrounds and skill levels interested in learning about and promoting the intersection of business and technology. In today’s world, it is very important to understand the synergy between business and technology to propose new and efficient business technology solutions to an organization.
Here at the BTC, we live and breathe technology. The mission of the BTC is to ensure that Katz is at the forefront of cultivating talented business technology leaders while educating their peers on how they can leverage technology to improve their current and future businesses. BTC focuses on grooming leaders of the future by providing a platform for its members to interact with industry experts through various events including guest speakers, technology company tours, and educational sessions with Katz alums.
What Can BTC Do for Me?
- Provide and promote networking opportunities with other schools, technology professionals, and technology companies
- Learn about various business technology positions and the skills employers are looking for
- Familiarize with new technologies through interactive sessions with industry experts
- Promote the use of technology on campus and across all areas of business
- Promote and form collaborative teams for case competitions
- Propose additions to the Katz IT Curriculum via feedback and the BTC Alumni Board
Events and Career Sessions
BTC has a year-round calendar of events, holding MIS course open house, conducting Industry and Alumni Speaker Series, Case Competitions, and other engaging workshops.
Spring 2021 notable mentions:
- Tech Trek – Cybersecurity (Panelists from PwC, ACA Aponix, and Schneider Downs)
- AI & Sustainability (Panelist from Microsoft, event in collaboration with Katz Corporate Sustainability Club)
- Katz Alum Chat (Panelist from Unilever, event in collaboration with Career Management & Katz Finance Club)
Spring 2022 notable mentions:
- Facing & Acing Interviews in Tech (Panelists from Microsoft & Lucas Systems)
- Women in Tech (Panelists from Google, Amazon & SAP)
Business and Data Analytics
Blending Business Technology with Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
Delve into roles such as Product Development Manager and Technical Product Manager
Impact of Technology in Project/Program management roles. More about Technical Project management and Business Program management career paths.
Information Technology and Business Technology Consulting career lines. Knowing more about MBA roles in IT Performance Improvement; IT M&A; Business Process and Business System Designs; SAP Business Consulting.
Making Information Technology Strategic; Getting Deeper into IT Strategy: Project Scoping and Planning; Technology Management; Risk Management, and similar roles.
- Tasmia Afroze, President
- Rohan Sethi, Vice President
- Pratik Khare, Vice President
- Shalini Reddy, Vice President
- Tony Mundassery, Vice President
Katz has the perfect combination of small class sizes that foster a great learning environment while simultaneously having the perks of a larger program like access to working with great companies and professors.
In combination with real-world experience, the Katz MBA program has built my skills in ethical leadership, teamwork, and strategic thinking, and provided both the foundation and the confidence necessary for handling complex business situations in the future.