Student Life // Katz Alliance Club
Increasing LGBTQIA Visibility
The mission of Katz Alliance is to create a safe, collaborative, intersectional space for LGBTQIA students and their allies both within Mervis Hall and more broadly within the business world. The club aims to give students the tools to engage in open discussion and learning that will stay with them for the rest of their careers, empowering future business leaders to become powerful allies. The founding of this club stems from a desire to increase Katz’s visibility as an LGBTQIA friendly business school and increasing LGBTQIA student representation across all degree programs.
- Advance allyship within Katz as well as the business community as a whole.
- Provide and promote educational resources for LGBTQIA students, staff, and faculty.
- Provide an environment to explore intersections between our career and our identity through panels, movie nights, discussion, events, and community engagement initiatives.
- Partner with other LGBTQIA clubs and organizations within the University and the city of Pittsburgh.
- Provide a safe space for LGBTQIA students to engage in open discussion.
- Host a weekly (bi-weekly when remote) lounge for community hangout.
General Inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Melchizedek Amago (he/him/his)
Vice-President: Meike Cunnion (she/her/hers)
External Affairs Committee Head: Priyanka Purushothaman (she/her/hers)
Internal Affairs Committee Head: Kartikeya Singh (he/him/his)