Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Pitt Business – You Belong Here
Our mission at Pitt Business is to produce knowledge through research on issues relevant to business and society; prepare our students to create business value through leadership and practice; and promote global dialogue on economic and entrepreneurial activities that improve society.
At the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business and College of Business Administration, we aim to create leaders that use business as a force for social good. We transform our students into change-agents who keep asking questions, challenging current practices, and embracing and impacting humanity. Our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is intertwined into our vision for our Pitt Business community. That’s exactly why we continue to keep working, to keep reinventing, in order to push the edge of what’s possible. Business never stops reinventing itself. Neither do we.
To foster and support a more equitable community for all, we’ve reimagined the core components of our programs.
Pitt Business Commitment to EDI
- Diversity Pitt Business Leadership Team (ongoing)
- Create a steering committee for EDI initiatives (some progress)
- Engage and support diverse student organizations and leaderships
IN THE CLASSROOM
- Increase diverse representation of guest speakers
- Assess EDI curriculum and increase coverage of EDI in case studies, readings, and assignments
- Create EDI courses
OUT OF THE CLASSROOM
- Partner with minority-owned businesses and community non-profits
- Strengthen diversity in international programs
- Create new multicultural programs and workshops
- Expand inclusive advising and career development
- Faculty and Staff EDI Certificate Program
- Diversity the next generation of faculty
- Increase representation of staff
- Expand support for diverse students
- Diversify procurement process
- Partner with EDI-focused organizations for recruitment
- Equitable hiring and retention practices
- Strengthen diverse alumni networks
“I have been overwhelmed with support and guidance from Katz students and alumni. They have been willing to answer questions and offer advice for success. I knew this school was for me when I attended Diversity Student Weekend and felt a part of the Katz family. ”
Learn More About EDI
We are committed to increasing diversity and fostering a culture of true inclusion. We hope you will engage with us in this important work.
Resources to Help
Consistent with the University’s core values, the policies directly help to foster a climate of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The Pitt Business community is finding ways to identify and eliminate barriers.