Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Pitt Business – You Belong Here
At the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business and College of Business Administration, we aim to create leaders that use business as a force for social good. We transform our students into change-agents who keep asking questions, challenging current practices, and embracing and impacting humanity. Our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is intertwined into our vision for our Pitt Business community. That’s exactly why we continue to keep working, to keep reinventing, in order to push the edge of what’s possible. Business never stops reinventing itself. Neither do we.
To foster and support a more equitable community for all, we’ve reimagined the core components of our programs.
Click here for larger Infographic text
Commitment to action Graphic
Progress is measured as:
- Progress to date
- Diversify Pitt Business Leadership Team (ongoing)
- Create Steering Committee for EDI initiatives (progress to date)
- Engage and support diverse student organizations and leadership (ongoing)
IN THE CLASSROOM
- Increase diverse representation of guest speakers (progress to date)
- Assess EDI curriculum and increase coverage of EDI in case studies, readings, and assignments
- Create EDI courses (ongoing)
OUT OF THE CLASSROOM
- Partner with minority-owned businesses and community non-profits (progress to date)
- Strengthen diversity in international programs (progress to date)
- Create new multicultural programs and workshops (upcoming)
- Expand inclusive advising and career development (ongoing)
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Faculty and Staff EDI Certificate Program (progress to date)
- Diversify the next generation of faculty (ongoing)
- Increase representation of staff (ongoing)
- Expand support for diverse students (ongoing)
- Diversify procurement process (progress to date)
- Partner with EDI-focused organizations recruitment (upcoming)
- Equitable hiring and retention practices (ongoing)
- Strengthen diverse alumni networks
“I have been overwhelmed with support and guidance from Katz students and alumni. They have been willing to answer questions and offer advice for success. I knew this school was for me when I attended Diversity Student Weekend and felt a part of the Katz family. ”
Celebrating Latinx and
Hispanic Heritage Month
In an effort to build on our commitment to engage with each other and continue to grow and learn as a community, Pitt Business is encouraging its students, faculty, and staff to participate in equity, diversity, and inclusion events across the University this month.
From September 15 through October 15, Latinx and Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated to acknowledge the history, culture, and contributions of Americans whose ancestry can be traced to Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Spain.
Learn More About EDI
Creating a Culture of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Pitt Business is committed to creating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion where everyone belongs.
Pitt Business EDI Programs and Research
At Pitt Business, we actively participate in learning and research experiences that foster equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe in creating a learning community that engages people from different backgrounds to meet, to listen, to talk, and to learn from each other. Explore our EDI program highlights happening at Pitt Business.