Executive MBA in Healthcare
Connect with Katz
Click the button below to receive more info on the
Executive MBA in Healthcare.
Especially in times of uncertainty and challenge, America needs exceptional leaders to guide our healthcare institutions. The Executive MBA in Healthcare is designed to empower and enable leaders to think critically, make informed decisions, and inspire confidence. The planned start date for the next cohort is May 2022. For more information, schedule a time to discuss the Executive MBA in Healthcare with a member of our outreach team.
Designed for Your Future in Healthcare Leadership
As an established healthcare professional or physician leader seeking to advance in your career, you want to be confident you’ve chosen the premier Executive MBA program.
One that addresses the unique and rapidly changing challenges you’re facing as a leader in healthcare. One that provides access to global experts in both business and healthcare. One that will help you to apply best practices and tools from other industries. All of this, and it should be flexible, enabling you to balance the demands of MBA-level coursework with your family’s needs and your nonstop professional responsibilities.
The Katz Executive MBA (EMBA) in Healthcare program is designed for you. Whether you’re a payer or provider; a clinician or administrator; or you work in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotechnology industries, the program will equip you to answer such tough questions as:
- How can I help to shape the healthcare system?
- What skills do I need to be prepared for the future of healthcare?
- What tools can I use to manage the quality, efficiency, equity, and delivery of healthcare?
Read our alumni testimonials to learn the impact an Executive MBA in Healthcare can have on your and career and your organization.
Strategically located in Pittsburgh, the hub of the “eds and meds” economy, and rooted in a strong relationship with leading health system and insurer UPMC and Pitt’s schools of health sciences, the Katz EMBA in Healthcare offers the following benefits:
- an accelerated path to completion, thanks to its 19-month structure
- a blended format of in-class and distance learning, with classes held one Friday and Saturday per month
- practicum experience—solve real problems in your organization
- exceptional networking opportunities with an experienced cohort of physicians and business professionals across the health spectrum
- world-class experts—faculty from Katz and the Graduate School of Public Health, as well as physician and administrative leaders from UPMC, teach the courses, which all have a health-oriented management focus
Executive MBA in Healthcare
Start here for an overview of what you should expect as a student in the Executive MBA in Healthcare program: Learn about our approach, what your experience and workload will be like, what resources are available to you, and what you should expect to be able to do when you graduate.
Leverage the combined strength of the University of Pittsburgh and the strategic Pittsburgh location. Complete the program in just 19 months. Take courses online; only come to campus one weekend (Friday/Saturday) per month. Gain health-centric business skills and solve real problems in your organization. Engage with other healthcare professionals and physician leaders. These are just some of the advantages of the Katz EMBA in Healthcare program.
See what makes up the foundation of your EMBA in Healthcare—what classes you’ll be required to take, when they’re offered, and what you’ll learn that you can immediately apply on the job or to your next career move.