This year marks the 2nd annual Diversity Student Weekend! This event is planned by the MBA Admissions Office in conjunction with the National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA), Roberto Clemente MBA Association (RCMBAA), the Katz Alliance, and the Katz Veterans Association. Learn more and register here.
The two-day event — which will be held from Friday, November 4 through Saturday, November 5 — focuses on Full time MBA opportunities for prospective women, the LGBTQIA community, under-represented racial/ethnic groups (specifically, African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American students) as well as current or former military students.
Those attending will have the opportunity to explore Pittsburgh; interact with current students, staff, alumni and community partners; learn about our various programs; experience what it’s like to be a member of the Katz community; celebrate our culture of inclusion, and much more.
The weekend includes:
- Meals with current students and alumni
- Admissions and student experience workshops
- Keynote address and dinner featuring Betty Cruz, deputy chief, special initiatives for Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto
- A speed networking event with community partners, academics, advising, and alumni
- “The Diversity That We Bring” workshop with Dr. Kathy Humphrey, senior vice vhancellor for engagement and chief of staff and secretary of the Board of Trustees
- Bus tour of the City of Pittsburgh
- This event is open to anyone and all participants are encouraged to attend each activity offered during the weekend.
This event is open to anyone and all participants are encouraged to attend each activity offered during the weekend.
The steering committee looks forward to meeting all of this year’s attendees and spending time with prospective future classmates. If you have questions about this event or would like to get in touch with a Diversity Student Weekend Alumni, contact Melanie Krugel, assistant director of student recruitment at 412-624-2168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.