Faculty Leadership Positions
The Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, Executive Director, Office of Executive Education and Related Programs
The Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh invites applications for the position of Executive Director, Office of Executive Education and Related Programs. The Executive Director will report directly to the Dean of the Katz School and will occupy a key leadership position within the Katz Graduate School of Business. This is a strategically critical position in that the Executive Education Programs heavily influence the reputation and success of Pitt Business
The Executive Director’s key responsibilities will include the following:
- Executing the School’s strategy in building and managing Executive MBA (EMBA) and Executive Education programs throughout the world;
- Ensuring the overall efficiency and quality of the programs offered;
- Directing the advising and programming functions for all Executive Education programs;
- Developing long-term partnerships with for- and non-profit organizations who have Executive Education needs;
- Cultivating and strengthening connections with the School’s alumni; and
- Coordinating with directors of other Katz programs to enable program operating efficiencies, program synergies, and program integration.
- Master’s degree, preferably an MBA, though candidates with PhD degrees are also encouraged to apply
- Considerable experience in program administration or a senior management position and experience managing degree and non-degree executive programs
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent service for various stakeholders – students, alumni, and faculty
- Excellent customer service
- Experience with financial management and program management, and the policies of the University.
Experience in developing new markets, attracting customers and clients, and building relationships within a University community.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter. Please submit an electronic application to: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=20001552&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
For questions and inquiries relating to this position, please email: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vet.
CBA ASSOCIATE DEAN
The Katz Graduate School of Business and College of Business Administration (Katz/CBA) at the University of Pittsburgh seeks an innovative and energetic leader to serve as the Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration beginning in Summer 2020.
CBA is the undergraduate division of the business school at the University of Pittsburgh, situated in Oakland, a thriving urban neighborhood of educational and medical facilities just outside of downtown Pittsburgh. The School is located on the main campus of the University of Pittsburgh, one of the nation’s top public research universities, just minutes from major corporate headquarters, and hundreds of local, national, and international firms. The University is one of the key highlights of the City of Pittsburgh, which has enjoyed a remarkable transformation into a world-class center of education, medicine and developing technology, and has been repeatedly ranked as one of the most livable cities in the United States.
Ranked among the top 20 programs in undergraduate business in the U.S., CBA currently enrolls 2,200 undergraduates each year. The School has an exceptional community of faculty and staff who collaborate within the University and across the world. With its strong student profile and impressive student outcomes, as highlighted below, CBA continues to enhance the overall reputation of the University of Pittsburgh.
● The average SAT score for the incoming 2019 freshman class is 1345
● 96% of CBA students complete an internship prior to graduation
● 60% of April 2019 CBA graduates had participated in an international experience (study abroad or international internship)
● CBA is ranked in the top 5 Public Schools among recruiters according to Business Week
● CBA is ranked #1 by alumni for the effectiveness of its academic advising by Poets & Quants
● CBA is ranked #2 among Public Schools by alumni for “getting the jobs they want” according to Poets & Quants
● 92% of April 2019 CBA graduates either found jobs or were attending graduate school three months after graduation
CBA is also distinguished by a wide array of programs that promote early career exploration and development. Freshmen may participate in Industry Professional Networks from one of five industry groups: Accounting, Analytics, Consulting, Corporate Finance, and Investments. Industry Professional Networks are taught by a corps of experienced Executives in Residence. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors may participate in the Professional Sales Academy or the Real Estate Finance Academy, both of which are taught by industry partners.
Undergraduate business students also have access to numerous experience-based learning opportunities including the Practicum in Portfolio Management, Projects in Marketing, and leadership program collaboration with the David Berg Center for Ethics and Leadership. Additional information regarding CBA programs and student outcomes can be found at https://cba.pitt.edu.
To leverage the college’s strong upward momentum and to enhance its reputational ascent, the next leader of CBA will be a visionary and inspirational educator who can formulate and implement the strategic thrusts that propel and enhance the undergraduate business experience at CBA.
Reporting to the Dean of Katz/CBA, the Associate Dean will serve as a key member of the Dean's senior management team and will work collaboratively with the Dean and other members of the senior team to develop and implement strategic plans, programs and policies to strengthen the college and maintain AACSB accreditation.
The Associate Dean of CBA is responsible for managing the operations of the college, and will use innovation to:
- Provide leadership and integrative thinking for managing undergraduate programs and services to drive positive student outcomes
- Work creatively with the Dean to plan future growth in both enrollment and the reputation of CBA for quality service
- Develop, review and assess academic plans, curriculum, programs, course schedules and budgets within the college
- Conceptualize and institute student-centered service models such as the Tafel Center for Student Success--a physical and cultural combination of admissions, career services, student records, alumni networking, and study abroad experiences
- Oversee the integration of such new thrusts as data analytics throughout the undergraduate curriculum
- Interact with undergraduate business students to communicate the objectives and goals of CBA in advancing student success
- Recruit, select, supervise and evaluate staff for the CBA Office of the Dean and the other units which report to the Associate Dean
- Maintain close contact with business, industry and advisory boards in an effort to enrich the curriculum and programmatic offerings and to be responsive to industry needs
- Collaborate with the Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement team of the School to attract resources to CBA
- Doctoral degree in business, education or a related field
- Significant experience in teaching at the college level
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to student success
- Experience in working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population
- Creative problem solving and agility in responding to the changing needs of CBA and its internal and external constituents
- Experience in supervising staff in daily college operations, budget management and program coordination
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience in academic administration
- Competence in measurement of teaching effectiveness and assessment of learning outcomes
- Record of success in individual and cross-disciplinary curriculum development, program review, and integration
- Demonstrated ability to introduce new impactful initiatives and bring these to completion
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and developing partnerships with key business and community leaders
- Established research impact in business, education, or a related field
Please express your interest in the position by submitting an electronic application along with a statement of interest and resume/curriculum vitae to: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=20000614&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York. For questions and inquiries relating to this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups under-represented in academia are especially encouraged to apply.