Associate Professor of Business Administration
Office: 220 Mervis Hall
- PHD, University of Michigan, 2005
- MA, Renmin University, 1997
- Management forecasts
- Analyst forecasts
- Accounting misstatement
- Internal control over financial reporting
- “Are Auditors Professionally Skeptical? Evidence from Auditors’ Going-concern Opinions and Management Earnings Forecasts” with Chan Li, Journal of Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- “Does Ineffective Internal Control over Financial Reporting Affect a Firm’s Operations? Evidence from Firms’ Inventory Management” with Chan Li, Sarah McVay and Hollis Skaife, The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- “Points to Consider When Self-Assessing Your Empirical Accounting Research” with Harry Evans, Vicky Hoffman, Don Moser and Wim A. Van der Stede, Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- Invited discussion of “Evaluating Cross-sectional Forecasting Models for Implied Cost of Capital’ Review of Accounting Studies, September 2014.
- “Why do CFOs Become Involved in Material Accounting Manipulations?” with Weili Ge, Shuqing Luo and Terry Shevlin, Journal of Accounting and Economics, February 2011.
- “Once Bitten, Twice Shy: The Relation between Outcomes of Earnings Guidance and the Provision of Subsequent Guidance” with Adam Koch, The Accounting Review, November 2010,
- “Analysts’ Incentives to Overweight Management Guidance When Revising Their Short-Term Earnings Forecasts” with Sarah McVay, The Accounting Review, September 2010.
- “Internal Control and Management Guidance” with Chan Li and Sarah McVay, Journal of Accounting and Economics, December 2009.
- “Special Purpose Vehicles: Empirical Evidence on Determinants and Earnings Management” with Jeff Gramlich and Sanjay Gupta, The Accounting Review, November 2009.
- “Does Earnings Guidance Affect Market Returns? The Nature and Information Content of Aggregate Earnings Guidance” with Carol Anilowski and Douglas Skinner, Journal of Accounting and Economics, September 2007.
- Does SOX Section 404 Curb Intentional Misstatements?” with Chan Li. 2nd round at The Accounting Review.
- “Internal Control in Family Firms: Characteristics and Consequences” With Xia Chen and Chan Li. Revise and resubmit at The Accounting Review.
- “Is an Adverse Opinion a Lead or Lag Indicator of a Restatement?” with Chan Li and Kannan Raghunandan. Revise and resubmit at Contemporary Accounting Research.
- “Repeated Lies? How do Earnings Manipulators Guide Investors” with Weili Ge, Chan Li and Nandu Nagarajan.
- “Tacit Collusion and Voluntary Disclosure: Theory and Evidence from the U.S. Automotive Industry” with Jeremy Bertomeu, John Harry Evans and Yung-Fang Tseng.