On Saturday, May 1, 2021, the Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business held its 61st annual commencement ceremony to celebrate 254 graduates who earned their doctoral and master’s degrees. The ceremony was held in person at the Petersen Events Center, as well as live-streamed virtually for those who could not attend.
This year’s ceremony marked the first Katz in-person commencement since December 2019. Students, family, friends, staff, and faculty were seated socially distanced and remained masked during the entire ceremony.
Awards were presented to stellar students and faculty members for the 2020-21 academic year:
- Full-time Master’s Program Student Choice Awards for Outstanding Teaching: Elise Boyas and Prakash Mirchandani;
- Part-time MBA Student Choice Award for Outstanding Teaching: Elise Boyas;
- Master of Science in Accounting Student Choice Award for Outstanding Teaching: Heidi Bartholomew;
- Sheth Foundation Scholars in Marketing: Mansi Gupta, Bhavesh Nangia, Tyler Horgan, and Monica Kim;
- Peter Stipanovich Outstanding Finance Student Award: Kinga Cichowska;
- Outstanding Supply Chain Management Master’s Student Awards: Vinay Kumar Kannan, Baisakhi Nishibanya, and Jia Yu;
- Marshall Alan Robinson Prize: Emil Lampe;
- Dean’s Outstanding Masters of Science Student Service Award: Boris Kulizhnikov;
- Dean’s Outstanding Part-time MBA Student Service Award: Matt Abramson; and
- Dean’s Outstanding Full-time MBA Student Service Award: Bianca Payton.
Each year, the graduating class nominates three graduate students to deliver remarks on behalf of their cohort. This year’s virtual speeches featured Bianca Payton, Matt Abramson, and Francis Weiming Ding.
“I am pleased to have been able to celebrate the Class of 2021, both in-person and virtually,” said Arjang Assad, Henry E. Haller Jr. Dean. “This class has shown incredible adaptability and strength during a time of such uncertainty. I look forward to hearing the great accomplishments of our newest alumni.”
Congratulations to the Class of 2021! To view the 2021 Commencement Ceremony, please click here.