MS in Finance // Requirements
**Application deadlines for all full-time programs starting in August have been extended to May 1 to assist applicants affected by test center closures due to the coronavirus, or COVID-19.**
For applicants unable to take the TOEFL or IELTS, Katz will accept the Duolingo English Test. Scores of 125 or higher are considered competitive for admission and a minimum score of 105 is required in order to be eligible for admission consideration to Katz. We will accept unofficial copies of your test scores and academic documents to expedite the evaluation of your application.
Note that your application will not be negatively affected by applying later in the admissions cycle than you had intended. If you have any questions or concerns, please email the admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialized Master’s Degrees to Suit You
When it comes to choosing a master’s degree program in business, we know choice, flexibility, and results matter to you. You have specific career goals in mind that require more focused study in a particular area of business, you’re on the fast track toward meeting them, and you’re looking for a graduate degree program that will help you do it in record time.
At the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, we offer Master of Science programs with razor-sharp specializations in rapidly growing fields of business such as accounting, business analytics, finance, management, and marketing science. Depending on program requirements and your professional goals, you can pursue an MS degree full time and graduate career ready in about a year. Most finish in 9-12 months. Or, if you’re a working professional, you can attend classes part time—both on campus and online alongside MBA students—and advance your career in just two years.
Katz Master of Science graduates are being hired by top companies, embarking on successful careers in technical areas of business, and starting their own ventures. They’re passing the CPA exam at higher rates than their peers across the state and the country. And they’re becoming influencers in every industry, from marketing to supply chain management. Join them. Apply today.
Is an MS in Business Right for Me?
Wondering if a Master of Science in business is the right degree program for you? Do you fit into any of the following categories?
- You want to develop advanced analytical skills in a particular area of business. We offer STEM-designated programs that bundle business analytics with critical areas such as accounting, finance, marketing research and supply chain management.
- You plan to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). Whether your undergraduate degree is in accounting or not, we’ll help you fulfill the requirements for the Master of Science in Accounting while preparing you to pass the CPA Exam or start the process of becoming a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- You aspire to manage technology projects. Consider our STEM-designated program in management information systems specializing in IT project management. Explore the many options available to further enhance your technical skills such as a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics or advanced certificate from the School of Computing and Information.
- You dream of starting or running a business. Our programs in management provide a comprehensive foundation in business management along with concentrations in such areas as entrepreneurship, finance, human resource management, international business, operations, project management, marketing, sustainability, and more.
To find out if one of these options is right for you, or to customize a master’s degree program to suit your unique needs and professional goals, contact us today.
In the meantime, check out our specialization areas below, and discover what makes our Master of Science in business programs worth your investment.
- World-class faculty that is supportive and available to students
- Diverse student body with a culture of collaboration and support
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience outside the classroom
- Access to members of the Pittsburgh business community
- Individualized career management and academic advising services