MS in Supply Chain Management and MS in Industrial Engineering // Professional Development
Specialized Master’s Degrees to Suit You
As a Katz MS in Supply Chain Management student, you’ll have access to the Center for Supply Chain Management, which offers a variety of opportunities to learn, improve, and hone your skills through events like the Breakfast Speaker Series and annual Supply Chain Management Symposium as well as research projects.
Additional professional development and student club opportunities include:
- Katz Operations Club
- APICS Pittsburgh Chapter
- Competitive case competitions and hackathons
Students looking to develop their project management skills may take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI): PMI offers a student membership for $32 to those enrolled full time in a degree-granting program.
- Join PMI Pittsburgh: The chapter hosts a wide variety of professional development and networking events throughout the year.
- Participate in the CAPM/PMP Exam Prep Workshop, conducted every spring at Mervis Hall.
- If you’re a veteran or serve in the U.S. Military, your PMI certification exam—including the PMI-PBA—is covered by the GI Bill.
BMIS 2501 Enterprise Systems & Integration of Business Process (3 credits) offers students the opportunity to take the SAP/TS410 Certification exam on the last day of class.
Students earn their Six Sigma Green Belt certification while taking the BQOM Six Sigma Theory & Practice (3 credits) course.
Katz has the perfect combination of small class sizes that foster a great learning environment while simultaneously having the perks of a larger program like access to working with great companies and professors.
What makes Katz unique is the environment they cultivate for students right from the start. Katz encouraged a culture of collaboration, what I learned outside the classroom from my classmates has been just as valuable as what I learned from my professors.