Michael Hamilton is an Assistant Professor of Business Analytics and Operations at the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business. His primary research focuses on the theory and practice of revenue management and pricing through the lens of emerging e-commerce paradigms. Michael's research was selected as a finalist for the Service Science Best Paper Competition (2018) and was one of four papers presented at the Federal Trade Commission Workshop on Consumer Issues Related to Loot Boxes (2019).
- PhD, Operations Research, Columbia University
- BSc, Mathematics, Rutgers University
- "Loot Box Pricing and Design" with N. Chen, A. Elmachtoub and X. Lei, forthcoming in Management Science.
- "The Value of Personalized Pricing" with A. Elmachtoub and V. Gupta, forthcoming in Management Science.
- "The Power of Opaque Products in Pricing" with A. Elmachtoub, forthcoming in Management Science.