Carolyn Weisberger Mendelson has been teaching Business Law curriculum for the Katz School of Business since 1996 as an adjunct faculty member. She is a Pennsylvania licensed attorney. A former securities regulator and enforcement attorney, Carolyn is a senior consultant for ACA Group, a leading provider of risk management and technology solutions that focus on regulatory compliance, performance, financial crime, and cybersecurity. Carolyn’s consulting clients are hedge funds, foreign investment advisers, private equity, real estate funds, family and ultra high net worth offices, and crypto currency funds.
Her current courses are Business Law (MaCC); Business Law (PMBA); and Accounting and Finance Law (MaCC). Previously, she has taught Tax Policy and Business Ethics for Katz, Business Law for EMBA, and Business Law CBA.
Awards and Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- North American Securities Administrators Association Award
- Howard A. Mermelstein Leadership Award
- University of Pittsburgh Israeli Heritage Nationality Room Scholarship recipient for international legal studies
- ACA Group in securities regulation
- Federal United States District Court trained mediator, the Middle District of Pennsylvania (2015)
- JD, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- MBA, University of Pittsburgh Katz School of Business
- BA, University of Rochester, Economics and Political Science
Co-author of “Self-Regulation of the American Retail Securities Markets – An Oxymoron For What Is Best For Investors”, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law, Vol 14, (Summer 2012), No. 4.
Co-author of “Wasn’t My Broker Always Looking Out For My Best Interests? The Road to Become a Fiduciary”, Duquesne Business Law Journal, Vol 12 (Winter 2009).
Carolyn enjoys spending time with her family.