332 Mervis Hall
Ruba is an assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Katz School. Before joining Katz, Ruba was a Doctoral Academy fellow, as well as a research and teaching assistant at the Sam M. Walton College of Business. She earned thesis track master’s degrees in information systems (University of Nebraska) and international business. Her research interests include ICT implementations in organizations, usability, and healthcare IT, with special emphasis on patient-centered e-health and analytics. Her work has been published in leading journals in information systems and human-computer interaction, such as MIS Quarterly and the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies.
Courses Recently Taught
- BUSBIS 1605 Database Management
- WCOB 1033 Data Analysis and Interpretation
Awards and Honors
- Doctoral Academy Fellowship, University of Arkansas (August 2013)
- Best reviewer award in the AIS Special Interest Group for IT Project Management (December 2012)
Professional Service and Activities
- Associate Editor of the International Conference on Information Systems 2019 Track “Crowds, Social Media and Digital Collaborations”, Munich, Germany.
- Associate Editor of the European Conference on Information Systems 2019 Track “Social and Ethical Implications of ICT Use”, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Member of the My Vision Research team since 2014: Responsible for collecting data about publications worldwide in the information systems discipline. This service represents a tool that assists scholars in setting standards for faculty productivity, tenure, hiring, and promotion. More information can be found here.
- Reviewer for journals: MIS Quarterly, Management Science, Information Systems Research, Journal of the AIS, European Journal of Information Systems, and Production and Operations Management.
- Reviewer for conferences and workshops: HICSS, ICIS, AIS Special Interest Group for Social Inclusion, and AIS Special Interest Group for IT Project Management.
- PhD, Business Administration/Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas
- MS, Information Systems, University of Nebraska
- MA, International Business, Jordan University
Venkatesh, V., Rai, A., Sykes, T. A., and Aljafari, R. 2016. “Combating Infant Mortality in Rural India: Evidence from a Field Study of E-Health Kiosk Implementations,” MIS Quarterly (40:2), 353-380.
Hoehle, H., Aljafari, R., and Venkatesh, V. 2016. “Leveraging Microsoft’s Mobile Usability Guidelines: Conceptualizing and Developing Scales for Mobile Application Usability,” International Journal of Human-Computer Studies (89:5), 35-53.
Berg Center, Healthcare Management
Information Systems and Technology Management